CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dinosaur Tags for LSHD Tag Swap w/Tutorial

Made by Corrine Paul

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs Tag Swap

We are in groups of 6 so we make 6 tags and send them to a designated person and she sends 1 of our own tags back with 1 tag from the five other people in the group.

I am using Little Scraps of Heaven (LSHD) Dinosaur Pals Collection

We are required to make 1 tag per person but I am making two for each person in the swap.

I thought the tags would be great on a child's birthday presents or gift bag, label an Easter basket, cute refrigerator magnets, use in a scrapbook or picture frame.

I used Recollections Cardstock Paper, Primary colors

I rub a pencil on the back side of the pattern so I can trace the pattern on the cardstock

I cut out all my pieces and decided to make a sample set to make sure I liked them.

Inked all the pieces of the sample set

Assembled the dinosaurs. I am happy with the look
so I decided to go ahead and make the rest of the tags.

Inking the rest of the tags

I hand cut all my paper piecings except the fonts so I had to come up with another way to use the pattern w/o so much hand cutting. I have a set off hole punches that were PERFECT!!

I used an oval punch to punch their toe nails.

I used the oval punch to make the whites of their eyes and I used one of the smaller hole punches for the black part of their eyes. Using the set of hole punches made this a fast and easy project. And it didn't change the look of the original design by Tricia Moore.

Just letting them dry before I bag them up and mail them off

I can not wait to use my set on a child's birthday present or gift bag. If I want to attach it to a gift bag with a piece of ribbon I can simply use a hole punch to make a hole where ever I need to and loop some ribbon through it.

I actually made and extra set for myself so I can make refrigerator magnets out of them.

I hope everyone else in the swap think they are as cute as I do~

No comments:

Post a Comment