CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Altered Lunch Box Tin Sewing Box w/Tutorial

Made by Corrine Paul

Mouse Patterns from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs (LSHD)
Sew and Sew Collection

Making Memories Lunch Box Tin (Baby Kit)

Removed Hardware and front cover

My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus Cream/Floral

Attach strip the the sides and back

Reattach the hardware and front cover

Designing the front cover. I used the Fiskars Circles -1

Inking the pattern pieces for the first mouse

First mouse completed

I used chip board to elevate the mouse off the page to give it more dimension

Sometimes I use two layers of chipboard but one layer looks fine for this

I used chipboard to raise the background circle as well

Arranging the design and decide what font looks best.

I use my Baby Bug (Cricut) to cut the font.
Cuttin' Up Cartridge

Place the 2nd mouse

Add assorted ribbon to enhance the box

6 comments:

  1. Love it!! I also love how you are so detailed with how you create your projects... I learn a lot that way! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the CUTEST idea I have seen. I have to purchase this file as soon as I find out how to use the other files I bought for over 200! I thought it would be simple but I am a dinosaur when it comes to SVC files and such

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love this sewing box myself. It is just adorable. TFS patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea! I would need a really, really big lunch box for my sewing supplies but this would be cute just to sit by a sewing machine when it's covered up and waiting to be used or to place on a shelf in the craft room. You did a wonderful job on it and I appreciate the tutorial.

    Anne
    anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to try this too cute. Count me in
    Thanks for sharing
    karen k 3 at ameritech dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for an amazing tutorial. It has inspired me to have a go at making my own sewing tin. Work in progress,soon to be finished.

    ReplyDelete