Hello Everyone, I wanted to share this with you. If you want to know more about the designer and other services, page kits or classes they may offer please visit their blog, store or web site. Enjoy!
Cake mini album and I thought I would share the instructions here.
Every new baby should get a birthday cake! And Baby Brother was the inspiration for this mini-album shaped like his 1st cake. The Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch and Round the Bend Squeeze Punch really help create that look of a ‘Cake’. You can also use this shape for a birthday, wedding or anniversary themed mini-album.
6 pieces of Baby/Words measuring 3” x 8″
6 pieces of Baby/Dots measuring 2.5″ x 6.5″
6 pieces of Baby/Clouds measuring 2″ x 5.5″
1 sheet of Baby/Tinsel
Threading Water Border Punch
1” strips of White Cardstock
Round the Bend Corner Squeeze Punch
24” of Ribbon
Fingertip Craft Knife
Embellishments, photos, etc.
1. Cut six, 3” x 8” pieces of Baby/Words. Cut six, 2.5” x 6.5” pieces of Baby/Dots. Cut six, 2” x 5.5” pieces of Baby/Clouds. Score all pieces in half.
2. Use Threading Water Border Punch on 1” wide pieces of white cardstock. You will need six, 8” lengths; six, 6.5” lengths; and six, 5.5” lengths. Score all pieces in half.
3. Adhere the newly punched white cardstock to the tops of the same sized Baby patterned paper. Ex. Adhere 8” strip to top of Baby/Words paper. Continue until all patterned paper has a white threading water top.
4. Use the Round the Bend Corner Squeeze Punch on the top two corners of all 18 pieces assembled in the step above.
5. Start assembly from bottom up: Baby/Words are on the bottom, adhere Baby/Dots in the middle, and Baby/Clouds on the top. This is one page of the album. Continue until you have created 6 pages.
6. You will now glue the backs of these 6 pages together. Glue the back of the right side of page 1 to the back of the left side of page 2. Glue the back of the right side of page 2 to the back of the left side of page 3. And so on… Do not glue the back of the left side of page 1 to the back of the right side of page 6. This is the front and back of your album. (See photo.)
7. Cut 24” of ribbon (this will be used to tie your album open and closed.) Glue to front and back of album.
8. Trace the shape of the front and back of the album on Baby/Tinsel and use Fingertip Craft Knife to cut out. Glue to album.
9. Embellish cover and pages as desired.
If you create this album, please leave a comment with the link here.
I hope you enjoy! Have Fun creating!