CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Altered Photo/Keepsake Box w/Tutorial

Made by Corrine Paul

Pattern Used: Butterfly from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs
Love Bug Collection

Average Photo Box. I bought this on at Hobby Lobby.
The hardware does not come off so I had to work around it.

I used Cosmo Cricket "Girl Friday" Thursday and "Girl Friday" Sunday pattern paper.

I was not sure if I was going to use the front like this or alter it in some other way. So I worked around the hardware.

I overlap the edges just in case when things dry the paper edges won't pull about.

Before I glue the corners I bring the corner up and pinch it to define the edge.

Letting everything dry

Now where do we go from here (LOL)

I thought I'd do something whimsical and use the butterfly
from the Love Bug Collection (LSHD)

Finished Butterfly Tag

Just checking to see if the Tag should go on top.

Finished Photo/Keepsake Box

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! I LOVE THIS IDEA!! OKAY... So now I am going to have to go out and buy some of those photo boxes! Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing this with us... it's adorable!! I just finished altering a hat box this evening... my next project... altering photo/keepsake boxes. Thanks Corrine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute! I never thought of altering something as utilitarian as photo boxes but this makes me want to give it a try! That butterfly is adorable! TFS!

    Anne
    anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cute. Count me in
    Thanks for sharing
    karen k 3 at ameritech dot net

    ReplyDelete