CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bo Bunny "Flirty" Heart Shaped Mini Album Tutorial

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share this tutorial with you. If you want to know more about the designer and other services, page kits or classes they may offer please visit their blog, store or web site. Enjoy!

http://jamiesdesigngarden.blogspot.com/

Bringing you some more love and heart shaped ideas from The Beary Scrap. I am a big believer that Valentines' Day should celebrate more than just romantic love and I like to do lots of family things at this time of year to show my kids and others how much they are appreciated. So my project this week is a heart shaped mini album for my kids to give to their grandparents on Valentines' Day this year.




These chipboard albums were really fun to make and super quick as they are very small, only about three inches across. I used the Flirty line from Bo Bunny perfect for Valentines' projects I traced all my hearts first, making sure I got just the part of the designer paper that I wanted and then cut them out. They are adhered with plain old glue stick, but two layers-- one on the back of the DP and one on the chipboard itself.


This paper line from Bo Bunny worked so great for this type of project-- each paper is double-sided so there are twice as many choices and they all coordinate. I chose to keep the colors together and made three sections-- 1 blue, 1 pink and 1 green for each of my three children.


To embellish each page, I used some of the stickers from the same paper line and added a sepia toned picture of my kids plus a handwritten note they wrote. Plus then I added some random embellies like fiber, a ticket, a doilie, punched hearts and ribbon.


My little three year old even added his own unique version of his name-- he's just learning how to write it and I think it's super cute! (It's Jace, by the way, if you can't decipher his letters below!)

The final page has a picture of all three, and a little note for Grandma & Grandpa, placed on top of those cute Flirty birds.


That's it for my friendship/love projects and I want all of you out there to know how much I have LOVED looking through the projects you have entered in our friendship/love challenge. Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

thebearyscrap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment