CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Friday, February 4, 2011

"Cutie Pie" Scrapbook Layout Tutorial

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share this tutorial with you. If you want to know more about the designer and other services, page kits or classes they may offer please visit their blog, store or web site. Enjoy!

http://laurenscreative.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html


This layout is for Halloween pictures of Nicole...I know you are probably thinking - "Halloween, what???" When I looked at the pictures, I just didn't think that they would be as cute with a traditional kind of Halloween color scheme. Once I decided to nix a traditional Halloween layout completely, it opened up lots of possibilities and I love the little pies from Simply Charmed.

I used my Imagine to print out a 12 x 12 of the striped patterned paper - it is from the Hopscotch pattern cartridge (designed by Cosmo Cricket). Last week I became a textured paper convert, but I forgot to tell you what kind of textured paper I had been using. To start out I used a piece of cream cardstock from one of DCWV cardstock packs, but I couldn't find open stock of DCWV paper locally. I did find the Bazill Basics at my Michael's. I chose "Avalanche." Can you believe that Imagine cut out the little highlights on the cherry pies' cherries? That's textured cardstock!!! (Insert shocked gasp here.) My Expression shreds those kind of little details when I use textured cardstock - the Imagine sailed right through it. I had the blade set at 5 and the pressure is set at 4.


I couldn't find red cardstock in my stash to match the red stripe in my patterned paper - no problem with the Imagine! I did have to do a bit of extra work to get the paper I wanted, but totally worth it - I think red is one of the hardest colors to match! I had to first print out a square of red paper, and then use my Gypsy with the Imagine because I needed to hide the little face on my cherry pie slices. (If that's confusing, I will try to do a video sometime after Thanksgiving to show you my work around.)


Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 pieces of kraft cardstock (Recollections brand - Michaels)
  • (1) piece of patterned cardstock trimmed to 4 x 11 1/2 & 7 x 11 1/2 - Imagine Hopscotch cartridge
  • (1) piece of colored cardstock trimmed to 4 x 11 1/2 & 7 x 11 1/2
  • Photo Mats
    • (4) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 & (4) 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 to fit 4 x 6 pictures
  • (2) "Cherry Pies" sized at 3" from Simply Charmed - used the Gypsy to "hide" the face
  • (2) "Cherry Pie Slices" sized at 3" from Simply Charmed - used the Gypsy to "hide" the face
  • (3) "Cherries" sized at 3" from Cherry Limeade
  • "cutie pie" sized at 2" using blackout and regular font from Cursive 101 - used the Gypsy to weld
  • Peachy Keen Face Stamps
  • EK Success Corner Rounder
  • 3/8" Swiss Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Buttons - Michael's
  • Hemp Twine - Michael's (in the jewelry section)
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sakura Micron 03 Pigment Pen - Black


Thank you to everyone that "liked" my FB fan page so far! I will do my best to keep it updated and answer all questions posted there!

No comments:

Post a Comment