CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Monday, November 22, 2010

Spooky Nights Mini Album Tutorial

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share this tutorial with you. If you want to know more about the designer and other services, page kits or classes they may offer please visit their blog, store or web site. Enjoy!

http://mmscrapshoppe.blogspot.com/2010/09/spooky-nights-mini-album.html


If you know me, you know I LOVE mini albums! I've preached on them in the past
(see this post), and swear by them.

Not only do I love to make them from scratch, but I love a good kit, too.

Enter the Spooky Nights kit from The Button Farm!

The Spooky Nights mini album is an accordian album inside of a tin can.

Attached to the inside of the tin is a page with two flaps. The top has the date 2008 on it, in honor of our son's 1st Halloween. I'll put a note here about his first Halloween and the experiences he had.

Inside the tin is the cover of the accordian album itself.

The accordian album contains 10 pages. My plan is put a photo best representing each Halloween on each page for the next 10 years. How that for extending the life of a mini album! By the time my son turns 10, I will have a great album to look back on.

The last page of the accordian album is adhered to the inside of the bottom of the tin.

I used my super trusty Beacon 3-in-1 adhesive to put the entire album together so I know it will never fall apart.

Like I said earlier, this was a kit, a what a kit!! Angela, who runs The Button Farm and puts these kits together, does an amazing job at putting instructions together for you to complete these intricate albums together all on your own.

Full page, detailed instructions with photos!

And like any great kit, there are TONS of leftovers!

I had the pleasure of taking a class from Scrap Queen Angela herself last year at the CKC Nashville convention. It was the first time my girlfriends and I ventured to take an intermediate class so we were a bit intimidated. Such a waste of worry! Angela was the most laid back teacher ever, and encouraged us to complete our albums the way we want, not just the way suggested by her (not that her way ended being the cutest anyway...).

Um, yeah, so that's me totally cheesing in my picture with Angela. She really does rock! She's holding the mini album we worked on during her class.

So, of course, when I got to her booth at the convention later I knew it would be completely worthwhile to purchase any of her albums. I was on a Halloween kick (I swear 2/3 of what I bought at that show was Halloween related!) so the Spooky Nights album was calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment