CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Monday, November 22, 2010

Autumn Mini Album How About Them Apples Tutorial

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share this tutorial with you. If you want to know more about the designer and other services, page kits or classes they may offer please visit their blog, store or web site. Enjoy!

http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/articles/t_autum09minibook.aspx

Designer: Katrina Simeck
Fall is definitely my favorite time of year – and apply picking is one of my favorite harvest activities! Mini-albums are a great way to showcase a photos & details of all of your seasonal traditions.

I started with this cute apple-shaped mini album from Maya Road. Trimming paper around an album like this is the perfect task for the Fiskars Fingertip Craft Knife. After each page was covered with patterned paper (I used various papers from October Afternoon),

I added 2x2 photos. In keeping with the rounded shape of the album, I used Fiskars Round the Bend corner punch to round the corners of each photo.

One of my favorite new tools – the Lace & Lattice Border and Corner punch – makes it so easy to create cute photo mats!

I wanted to keep the back side of each page plain, but also interesting. The solution? First, I cut the shape of the album out of Core’dinations cardstock using Fiskars No. 5 non-stick scissors. I used Fiskars Texture Plates & Texturing tool to emboss the cardstock…then lightly sanded to bring the detail out. Simple, but cute!

It’s great to keep Fiskars squeeze punches & border punches handy when making a mini-album. That way, you’ll always have to tools to make the most out of your mini!

No comments:

Post a Comment