CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jillibean Soup Christmas Mini Album Tutorial

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share this tutorial with you. If you want to know more about the designer and other services, page kits or classes they may offer please visit their blog, store or web site. Enjoy!

http://jillibeansoup.typepad.com/my_weblog/tutorials/

We have seen some great projects here on the blog that repurpose the chipboard backing of the new corrugated shapes and sugar picks. Today I am going to show you how I made this Christmas mini album re-using that same packaging.

Picture 1

One of my favorite things about Jillibean Soup products is that you can mix and match old and new lines beautifully. For this mini I had a lot of fun doing just that. I have a mix of the new Christmas Chestnut Soup, Monster Stew, Grandma’s Christmas Soup and Old World Cabbage Stew and they are all perfect for this little Christmas book.

Gather up your favorite Jillibean papers, punches, trimmer, adhesive, ink and scissors and anything else you might want to add to spruce up your pages. I used lots of corrugated stars, sugar picks, alphas, bean stalks (especially the brown, red and green twine), journaling sprouts, bean seeds and shipping tags. I printed my pictures wallet-sized so that I could fit more than one on a page.

Picture 2

Now, since one of the reasons I created this mini was to show you how to repurpose the oh-so-cute packaging from the new corrugated shapes and sugar picks, go ahead and pull those out and the trim the tabs off so that you have only the flower shape.

Picture 3
Picture 4

Don’t worry if you don’t have enough of the packaging to make your entire album, simply use one of the flowers as a template to make more pages.

Picture 5

I used the large flowers for the pages in my album but you could also use the smaller ones. I used a small one for an accent in my mini:

Picture 6

Go ahead and cut out all of the pages you’ll need for your book and cover the chipboard packaging with patterned paper as well and then you can start adding your pictures and other embellishments until it’s just the way you want it. I kept the page designs relatively simple but you can go fancy if you’d like. Here is a look at my finished pages:

Picture 7

Picture 8

Picture 9

Picture 10

Picture 11

Picture 12

Picture 13

Picture 14

Picture 15

Picture 16

No comments:

Post a Comment