CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mini Backpack Album Tutorial


Hello Everyone, I wanted to share this tutorial with you. If you want to know more about the designer and other services, page kits or classes they may offer please visit their blog, store or web site. Enjoy!

http://acreativeneed.wordpress.com/2009/08/21/mini-backpack-album-tutorial/

Backpack photos 30

I am so excited to share this with you!!

A few weeks ago I was asked by Peata of Scrapbook Crazy if I would be interested in sharing a tutorial for a mini scrapbook album with them. Of course I was, and ideas started dancing in my head. Since she said she would be including it in the upcoming newsletter, I immediately thought a back to school project would be a fun idea.

I have been busy buying my boys school supplies (two long lists) clothes, and backpacks, so, I think with all things school related going through my head, I came up with this idea of a making a mini backpack album. The tutorial was featured a few days ago on Scrapbook-Crazy HERE. (Peata’s kind words made me blush!)

I had a lot of fun working on this, thanks to Peata for inviting me to do it!! Have a look at Peata’s blog , it is positively overflowing with great ideas for mini albums and scrapbooking creativity!! She is super sweet too!!

I hope you like the tutorial too, I’ve include a lot of photos as I am a visual learner myself, so I always think it helps with the instructions.

Please let me know what you think, and if you try one, I would love it if you would let me know so I can see yours!!

Mini Backpack Album Tutorial

Materials:

11″ x 3″ strip of sturdy card stock for the backback frame

11″ x 2 3/4″ strips (x2) of card stock for inside album pages

4″ x 2 1/2″ decorative papers (inside album pages)

3″ x 2 3/4″ piece of sturdy decorative paper or paper covered card stock (top flap)

5″ x 5″ square decorative paper (pocket) NOT card stock

2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ square card stock (pocket top flap)

2 brads

2 strong mini magnets

4 eyelets

2 8″ pieces of Ribbon

adhesive, crop a dile or eyelet setter, scoring tool

Backpack Frame Assembly

1. Score 11″ strip at 4 1/2″, 5 1/2″, and 6 1/2″ . Crease and fold up the center to create a tent fold. (see photo)

2. Score top flap piece (3″ x 2 3/4″) at 1 1/4″, and 1 1/2″

3. Adhere flap piece to top back of backpack.

IMG_9046 BP 4 30

Front Pocket Assembly

1. Score 5″ x 5″ square at 1/2″ in on one end so you have a 5″ x 4.5″ piece. Score at 2 1/4″ (center) and fold in half adhering top edge to folded 1/2″ edge.

2. Fold in half (upwards) to create a double pocket. Using a circle punch, punch through top 4 layers to create a semi circle opening in both pockets.

IMG_9049 BP 5 30IMG_9051 BP 6 30

3. Score 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ pocket flap at 1″, and 1 1/4″. Adhere to top back of pockets to create flap.

IMG_9052 BP 7 30

Inside Page Assembly

1. Score 11″ x 2 3/4″ strips at 4 1/2″, 5 1/2″ and 6 1/2″. Trim the short ends by 1/8″ for a better fit inside frame.

2. Adhere center tent folds only to inner frame tent fold.

3. Adhere decorative pieces (4″ x 2 1/2″) to the page inserts and add embellishments and photos etc.

IMG_9066 BP 12 30

IMG_9070 BP 13 30

Final Assembly

1. Place brads on lower front of flaps. Line up with mini magnets and adhere the magnets to the main frame and pockets.

2. Set 2 eyelets in top flap of backpack 1″ apart. Set other 2 eyelets at the bottom of backpack 2″ apart.

3. Thread the ribbons through and knot on inside to secure, for backpack straps.

4. Adhere double pocket to front of backpack.

IMG_9058 BP 10 30IMG_9056 BD 8 30

Here is the finished view:

IMG_9064 BP 11 30

The double front pockets are perfect for tucking in small notes, or folded ticket stubs etc. The pages have room for up t0 8 standard wallet sized photos.

I was thinking that this would would make perfect school commencement gifts for students to fill with their favorite summer photos to share with classmates, or with new school friend photos and happenings through the year. I can’t wait to give my 8 year old son this one. He loves taking photographs and has been all summer! I know he’s going to love having a place of his own to put them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment