CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About the Celebrating Ordinary Moments Blog

Mission Statement
Thank you for checking out my blog. I started this blog to create a place where people are able to find inspiration and share ideas. I find myself surfing the web looking for inspiration that is unique and different. If I find an interesting tutorial I'll share it with you. I will include a "live" link back to the original blog, store or web site so that you may have the option to visit and learn more about the designer and other services, class or kits they may offer. By posting tutorials I am hoping to help inspire people that are interested in creating something fresh and new.


Terms of Use for my Personal Designs or Patterns.
When listing completed projects on eBay, blogs, etsy, facebook, personal websites, forums or online venues, or if using these patterns for a project submitted to magazines or other publications, it is required that credit be given to Corrine Paul in a reasonably visible way. Example; “Pattern used from Corrine Paul http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/."

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trip 2010 Mini Album Tutorial

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share this tutorial with you. If you want to know more about the designer and other services, page kits or classes they may offer please visit their blog, store or web site. Enjoy!

http://www.mousepotatodesigns.com/?p=3015

This is a mini album I made of our trip in September 2010 to Museum Of The Rockies, Lewis & Clark Caverns, Beartooth Nature Center and over the Beartooth Pass.

mpd-trip2010-minialbum-1

This is the front cover. Both the front and back covers are made from medium weight chipboard. The whole book is cut from a SVG file I created to cut in Sure Cuts A Lot on my Cricut. I used grommets to enforce the ring holes and edge the whole book in gray paint.

mpd-trip2010-minialbum-2

This is a side view of the mini which is about 3.5 to 4 inches thick. It has 32 pages plus the 2 covers for total of 64 photos. I used 6 small rings instead of 2 large so that the rings wouldn’t stick out so far on the binding of the mini. I dont like to add ribbon and such to my family minis as it just gets all smooshed when its being stored.

mpd-trip2010-minialbum-3

Pretty much all the pages but a couple have a single photo matted in white cardstock. The photos area cut all the same size making for quick assembly. I did add some journaling and embellishments to the book but as you see I really wanted it to be a mini album about the photos not all the embellishments.

mpd-trip2010-minialbum-5

For each place we went I created pockets to hold memorabilia such as our rental papers, receipts, brochures etc.

mpd-trip2010-minialbum-4

Some of the photos I even cut up and added smaller photos on top of the larger photos for adding more detail in small spaces.

Thanks for looking!!

Supplies Used:

6 binder rings
gray paint
4 grommets
K&Company Road Trip 12 x 12 Die Cut Paper Pad
Photos
Crop-A-Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment